Mommy Makeover in Charleston, SC
Becoming a mother is a wonderful thing. But the changes a woman’s body goes through during the process of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing are staggering. After this, many new mothers realize how much they have changed, not just emotionally but physically as well. That is where a mommy makeover can help.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
The mommy makeover is a package of plastic-surgery procedures customized by the patient to achieve their desired aesthetic goals after childbirth. This package can include one or more of the following options:
- Tummy tuck – Also called an abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck is a procedure used to correct the postpartum pooch. A curving incision is made from hipbone to hipbone, and the abdominal muscles are tightened, excess fat is removed, and excess skin is trimmed.
- Breast augmentation/lift – Breast augmentation is conducted to increase the size and projection of the breasts. It can be done using fat transfer to the breasts or by placing breast implants. The breast lift is conducted to raise sagging breasts and make them look perkier. This involves removal of excess skin. Areolae can also be resized and repositioned if needed.
- Liposuction – This minimally invasive procedure removes pockets of excess stubborn fat from the body. It is done by inserting a thin tube into the area through a small incision, dislodging the fat deposits, and carrying them out of the body with the help of medical suction.
The procedures chosen for your mommy makeover will be based on the requirements of your specific case, along with your medical history.
Reasons for a Mommy Makeover
There are numerous reasons why new mothers come in for a mommy makeover, including the following:
- To regain the appearance of their breasts – During pregnancy, a woman’s breasts increase in size to prepare for lactation. For some women, once the baby is weaned, the breasts shrink rapidly or start sagging instead of returning to their previous appearance.
- To correct diastasis recti – As a woman’s uterus grows to make space for the baby, her left and the right abdominal muscles may be stretched and pull apart. This condition, called diastasis recti, may persist after childbirth in the form of an ungainly bulge.
- To lose excess fat – Pregnancy is accompanied by weight gain. Most women find it difficult to shed those excess inches after childbirth, and diet and exercise often does not help to get rid of the stubborn fat.
Contact Our Office for Your Consultation
The procedures that are part of a mommy makeover can help restore a woman’s body to the way it was before childbirth and nursing – it can even make it better than before! Women who have opted for this process can vouch for the benefits.
To find out more about the mommy makeover and customize your package of procedures, contact our office. During a consultation with Dr. Ulm, you will discuss your needs and goals, along with your medical history and any medications you are currently taking. You will also look at before-and-after photos. Dr. Ulm will then create a surgical plan for your procedure.