Conveniently located to serve Charleston, SC
The breast lift is a breast-enhancement procedure used to reshape the breasts in order to eliminate sagging and restore youthful perkiness. During a breast lift in Charleston, SC, Dr. Jason Ulm removes excess skin tissue and may also resize/reposition the areolae if needed. This creates very natural-looking results.
Preparing for a Breast Lift Surgery
Preparing well for breast lift surgery is crucial for the overall success of the surgical procedure. It also helps to minimize side effects during the recovery stage.
Here are some steps that you must take to prepare yourself for a breast lift surgery:
- Refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes at least two weeks ahead of your scheduled date of surgery. Alcohol has blood-thinning properties, which may increase side effects such as bruising and redness. Cigarette smoke causes inflammation, which prolongs side effects and the recovery process.
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly in the days leading up to the surgery. This will ensure that your immune system is strong, which will allow your body to recover faster from the surgery.
- Dr. Ulm may ask you to steer clear of certain blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and other NSAIDs. Certain herbal supplements such as gingko biloba and St. John’s wort should be avoided as well.
- If you have children and/or are responsible for performing chores at home, you should arrange for domestic help, since you’ll be unable to engage in regular activities for at least an entire week following the surgery. You should also arrange for someone to drive you back home once the surgery has been completed.
- During the initial consultation, Dr. Ulm will provide thorough instructions regarding support clothing that you’ll need during the recovery phase. Make sure that you have everything you’ll require on hand before you go in for your surgery.
Performing Breast Lift Surgery
To achieve this, anesthesia is first administered. Dr. Ulm then makes incisions to remove excess skin from the breasts. There are several possible incisions that can be used:
- Donut Incision – This incision is used to correct minor sagging. For this option, two concentric circles are made around the areola.
- Lollipop Incision – This incision is used to correct moderate sagging. For this option, a circular incision is created around the areola and then a vertical incision is created from this down to the breast fold.
- Anchor Incision – This incision is used to correct severe sagging. For this option, the lollipop incision is created and then a curved horizontal incision is added at the breast fold.
You and Dr. Ulm will decide on the type of incision during a consultation at our office. Once the proper incision is created, excess sagging skin will be trimmed away. The incision will be closed using medical sutures, tightening and lifting the breast tissues.
Breast Lift Recovery
During breast lift recovery, you will need to follow Dr. Ulm’s post-surgical care directions closely. There will be a degree of swelling and bruising, which will fade in time. Time off from work will be required, and rest will be needed. Once all swelling has disappeared, you will be able to enjoy your full results.
How Much Does Breast Lift Cost?
The cost of a Breast Lift varies, because it is a highly individualized surgery tailored for each patient. The overall price may include anesthesia, operating room facilities, new breast implants, and other related expenses. Additional tests and imaging may also add to your total. Contact us for additional information
Contact Our Office and Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in breast augmentation/enhancement with the help of a breast lift, contact our office. You will meet with Dr. Ulm for a consultation, where you will describe your aesthetic goals and can ask any questions you may have.
Related Blog Posts
Restore Your Youthful Look With a Breast Lift
Have you ever looked into the mirror and wished that your breasts looked like they used to look when you were younger? A great deal of women face this issue as they older, and oftentimes, they suffer from a lack of confidence and a poor self-image … Read More